Author: Mary Weber
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Release Date: June 6, 2017
Ever since the Delonese ice-planet arrived eleven years ago, Sofi’s dreams have been vivid. Alien. In a system where Earth’s corporations rule in place of governments and the humanoid race orbiting the moon are allies, her only constant has been her younger brother, Shilo. As an online gamer, Sofi battles behind the scenes of Earth’s Fantasy Fighting arena where Shilo is forced to compete in a mix of real and virtual blood sport. But when a bomb takes out a quarter of the arena, Sofi’s the only one who believes Shilo survived. She has dreams of him. And she’s convinced he’s been taken to the ice-planet.
Except no one but ambassadors are allowed there.
For Miguel, Earth’s charming young playboy, the games are of a different sort. As Ambassador to the Delonese, his career has been built on trading secrets and seduction. Until the Fantasy Fight’s bomb goes off. Now the tables have turned and he’s a target for blackmail. The game is simple: Help the blackmailers, or lose more than anyone can fathom, or Earth can afford.
- This book has VIDEO GAMES. I’m a huge gamer; I love playing video games whenever I can. That’s why I was so pumped about this novel in the first place.
- Mary Weber is an excellent author. I absolutely adored her other trilogy, and this book was absolutely no exception. There’s just something about her books that I really enjoy.
- There’s also aliens. Did I mention that?? ALIENS.
- Sofi is extremely smart. I love it when there’s really intelligent characters.
- The pacing of this novel is fantastic. I didn’t find it slow at any part.