Author: Michelle Hodkin
Series: Mara Dyer #3
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Release Date: November 4, 2014
Mara Dyer wants to believe there’s more to the lies she’s been told.
She doesn’t stop to think about where her quest for the truth might lead.
She never had to imagine how far she would go for vengeance.
She will now.
Loyalties are betrayed, guilt and innocence tangle, and fate and chance collide in this shocking conclusion to Mara Dyer’s story.
Retribution has arrived.
Though I didn’t like this book as much as the others in this trilogy, I still fairly liked quite a few aspects of it.
- The changes between before and after. I know that a lot of people didn’t like that there were time switches throughout the book, but I found that they really added to the story.
- Hodkin’s writing style. Her writing is always so great, and it’s stayed that way ever since The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.
- NOAH. I literally love him, and I’m so excited that he has his own book series now. He’s literally the best book boyfriend a girl could ask for, and I love his relationship with Mara.
- Jamie. I always loved his character, and this book was no exception. He provides so much humor, even in the darkest of times.
- This book was so much slower than the other books in the series. I feel like the most stuff happened at the end, while the rest was all pretty slow. I felt like the beginning and middle of the story dragged on forever. I’m not sure if other people felt this way, but compared to the other novels, this one definitely didn’t have as much action.
- The ending. I don’t want to get to spoilery, but there was a part at the end that didn’t make much sense to me, regarding death… like why was it even necessary? Oh yeah, it wasn’t.
Despite this being my least favorite of the series, I still recommend checking it out! I think it provided a nice conclusion the series.