Author: Amy Ewing
Series: The Lone City #3
Release Date: October 4, 2016
For too long, Violet and the people of the outer circles of the Lone City have lived a life of servitude, controlled and manipulated by the royalty of the Jewel. But now, the secret society known as the Black Key is preparing to seize power and knock down the walls dividing each circle.
And while Violet knows she is at the center of this rebellion, she has a more personal stake in it-for her sister, Hazel, has been taken by the Duchess of the Lake. Now, after fighting so hard to escape the Jewel, Violet must do everything in her power to return, to save not only Hazel, but the future of the Lone City.
- The romance. I actually didn’t mind it in this book. Ash kind of got on my nerves in the other books, but he finally grew on me, I guess!
- Violet. She annoyed me for so many books, but I liked that she was finally about to do the fighting. She even came up with the big plan by herself, which I loved.
- The setting shifted back to the Jewel. I kind of missed this place, even though it was messed up.
- There was a good ending. I feel like the characters got what they all deserved.
- I feel like there was so much buildup only for nothing to really happen at the end. The whole book focused on this one main event happening at the end of the book, and I feel like it happened so quickly. I expected more.